Welcome our first get to know a Designated Designer Sunday! For this week’s DS challenge, please scroll to the post below.
This week we’re getting to know Donna, if you haven’t already visited her blog “A Little Creating on My Rocky Road of Life” be sure to check out her work! She does an amazing job with Magolias!
We caught up with her in the lounge and asked her our fave Drunken Stampers questions to get to know her a little better.
1. What is your drink of choice when stamping?
I try not to have fluid of any kind in my craft room because I am a bit of a klutz ! Easy to wander back through the house then to take chances ! If there is any drink in there though it is water in a sealed container ! Usually I am juiced up on caffeine by that point regardless !
2. What or who inspires you creatively?
When I first started scrapbooking a number of years ago it was a gal named Danea Weibe-Burlson . She did such remarkable things with paper and a photo and was such an inspiration as she has suffered with RA since she was a child. I figured anybody that had such adversity to overcome and create such beautiful pages then there was nothing stopping me as I had 2 good hands to create with.
Then I discovered stamping at a CTMH home party and another addiction started …. there has been no turning back! My greatest inspiration now comes from the many blogs I visit …. it is a wonder I get anything done during the day as the internet can entertain me for hours when I should be doing something!
Of course DRUNKEN STAMPERS is a great inspiration as well as I have already pushed myself out of my comfort zone on a couple of the challenges !
3. How would you describe your style?
STYLE ??????????? I have no style , what I create comes from my heart … I follow no rules , don’t follow directions well and don’t tell me I can’t as I will do just the opposite ! So maybe I should call my style CUTE REBEL ………..
4. What are your top 5 stamping must haves that you could not live without?
Wow , only 5 !!!! that is a hard one !
1 . My Copics ……. I have an addiction to these ! Who knew that I would fall in love with something so easily 🙂 I am self-taught to use these and am not afraid to try almost anything with them ( within reason that is ! LOL )
2. My Magnolia stamps ………….. another addiction that goes hand in hand with my Copics
3. Sookwang 2-sided tape ! I use it for everything from sticking paper on paper to mounting my elements on my paper ….. LOVE it and the fact it comes in different widths!
4. My many different types of ink pads …. water-based , Staz-on , distressed , Mementos ……. love all of it!
5. My craft desk and organization towers from Best Craft storage. I can hide …. I mean organize my inks , my papers , my embellishments , my stamps out of DH’s view ……. yeah right , too bad it didn’t clean up the mess I make while creating ! LOL ! it is a wonderful desk and hutch I am so happy with it and the drawer tower I bought as well .
Well that being said , I am so pleased to be chosen to join all of you on my first ever, step out of my comfort zone gig !!! I hope to have a great time with you ladies and also hope to bring some inspiration to the team and those who join us with the challenges !
Thanks so much Donna! We are so excited to have you with us playing every week and can’t wait to see more!