Welcome to our second installment of get to know a Designated Designer Sunday!
For this week’s DS challenge, please scroll down to the post below.
This week we’re visiting with Linda. Her creations are most certainly one of a kind with such bold, bright and vivid colours! When you visit her blog Studio L3 at http://studiol3.blogspot.com/, I highly suggest that you not only look at the pictures but read her blog too as she’s got a great sense of humour!
Linda always has something wonderful on the go and we had to pin her down for a couple of minutes in the lounge and ask her our fave DS questions over a wonderful cuppa java!!
1. What is your drink of choice when stamping?
You know, that depends upon many factors, including time of day, time of month (!), barometric pressure, and, above all, tensile strength of whatever creative block I’m currently attempting to overcome! In general, though, a nice Breve’ (that’s espresso with steamed HALF & HALF!) gets me in a crafty mood early in the day. A cup of Dagoba Xocolatl wicked spicy hot cocoa fires me up later in the evening. And should a few drops of Kahlua find their way into that cup, well, who am I to argue?
2. What or who inspires you creatively?
Tim Holtz is my man-muse, no doubt, and I really love the work of Lynn Stevens, Daniel Torrente, Hels Sheridan, Linda Baldock (at Eclectic Visions of an Altered Journey)… and of course, the Drunken Stamper girls! (I’m going to feel horrible when I realize I’ve omitted someone I adore…). Often my inspiration comes from some cool new item that I can’t wait to get my hands on (yes, I’m a product junkie), or a great tutorial from one of the gazillion blogs I follow.
3. How would you describe your style?
Well, the tagline on my blog says, “Refreshingly UNprofessional art” and “Unprofessional” is the operative word! I can’t for the life of me draw or paint or sketch or any of those things “real” artist do, but I sure have fun playing in my studio! I love grunge, steampunk, distressed, ratty… Admittedly, I don’t do cute very well, although I admire those who do!
4. What are your top 5 stamping must haves that you could not live without?
1. Distress Ink. All the colors! All the time!
2. Stampotique rubber stamps. They’re just off-kilter enough to appeal to the Tim Burton fan in me.
3. Ranger Archival Black Ink. My go-to when I need something deep, dark and permanent.
4. My Craftbox studio-in-an-armoire! This contraption makes it possible for me to have a spacious work area in my tiny little townhouse.
5. Those gazillion bloggers I mentioned earlier. The online stamping community is nothing short of magnificent! People are so brilliant, generous and supportive of one another. It’s really a joy to be a part of this worldwide neighborhood.
Thanks so much Linda for your time and we always look forward to your take on the Drunken Stampers Challenges! We are so lucky to have you playing with us!